I hope you all are having a great time with friends, family, and a crapton of food! When you can no longer stomach Uncle Wally’s diatribe on why the mongoose should be the state bird, you might want to get out of the house. What better place to go than the theater where that new movie is showing? The problem is that there are a bunch of new films out now. Which one should you see???
I am here to help. Below is a listing of the top 5 movies that I have seen that are currently in theaters for this holiday weekend. I will also include a list of movies I have not seen, but plan to see before the weekend is over. I will update the top 5 list here as I see more films.
The Current Top 5
5. Overlord – Review – The best (probably only) horror film currently in theaters. Fans of gore and grindhouse horror should love it.
4. Bohemian Rhapsody – Review – Freddie Mercury is a rock icon and Malek’s portrayal is worth seeing. Queen fans should love it just for the music even if the story is quite sanitized from what happened in real life.
3. Creed 2 – Review – For all the complaints in my review, this is still a fantastic film. For those who enjoyed the first Creed movie this is a must see.
2. Widows – Review – If you like caper films with twists and turns then this is what you are looking for. If this had been a normal week then this would be my top pick, but….
1. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald – Review – This movie is amazing from start to finish. I can’t imagine another film taking this top spot although I also would not rank this as the best of the year, so I suppose it is possible!
New Movies Not Ranked
I can only rank movies I have seen, so here is a list of films that came out recently that I haven’t seen yet. I will post reviews and update the top 5 list as I see these films and rank them.
- Green Book
- Boy Erased
- Instant Family
- Robin Hood
- The Grinch